Quick Start Guide for Visitors
You will receive a welcome email with your login credentials and details to access the event platform.
Navigate to the event platform, click on “Login” and activate your account by using your email and badge/registration ID.
If you did not receive this email, contact: INSERT YOUR SUPPORT EMAIL.
2. Update your profile
Click on ‘Profile’ and make sure your profile is up to date:
- Upload a picture
- Enter your personal information
Having a complete profile will allow you to make more meaningful connections.
3. Start networking
Click on "Home" and under the ‘Network’ section, you will find your networking features:
- Recommended for You: Review and take action on the recommendations we have made you. Here are the actions you can take on people:
- Skip: you are not interested in this person
- Interested: you are interested and would like to spark a conversation
- Meet: you want to request a meeting with that person
- Here is an article on how to request meetings: https://grip.helpscoutdocs.com/article/99-how-do-i-request-a-meeting
- Interested In You: See the people who have shown interest in you
- My Connections: Once you have a mutual interest with someone or a scheduled meeting, you will be able to open a chat with them
- My ‘Interested’ List: See a list of people who you have shown interest in
- My ‘Skip’ List: See a list of people who you have skipped
4. Review the Event Agenda
Go to the "Event Agenda" tab. In this section, you can discover our unmissable line-up and bookmark the sessions you are interested in attending.
5. Review your personalised schedule
Go to "My Schedule". In this section, you will be able to keep track of the meetings you have requested and scheduled and the sessions you will be attending.
6. Watch the sessions you have bookmarked
Go to "My Schedule". At the date and time of the session you are attending, click on the "Watch Live Stream" button to access the session.
7. Attend your virtual meetings
There is no need to download any additional software. You will be able to access the virtual meeting room for any given scheduled meeting directly within the web platform via the "My Schedule" tab.
Virtual meeting rooms are only available for scheduled meetings (if the meeting is pending or cancelled, the virtual meeting room will be unavailable).
A Virtual Meeting Room will be clickable 5 mins before the scheduled meeting.
Click on "Open Virtual Meeting Room" to attend your meeting.
You can go in and out of the Virtual Meeting Room within the scheduled meeting time, however, once the meeting time has expired you will be unable to access the Virtual Meeting Room.
The meeting duration is not limited once you are in the virtual meeting room.
Inside the virtual meeting room, you’ll be able to
- Review the profile of the person you are meeting
- Send a message to the person you are meeting
- Share your screen
8. Review the "More" section
Under the "More" section, you will find:
- The Visitor Directory (if your event has this active): See the full list of visitors attending EVENT NAME, request meetings and/or show interest in them
- The Exhibitor Directory (if your event has this active): See the full list of exhibitors attending EVENT NAME
- The Product Directory (if your event has this active): See a full list of the product offering at EVENT NAME
For any questions regarding the EVENT NAME desktop platform and/or App please contact:
- INSERT COMPANY: INSERT YOUR SUPPORT EMAIL
- Grip: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a link to our FAQ articles for any general enquiries: https://grip.helpscoutdocs.com/collection/90-grip-networking