How to Create and Manage Type Settings
This article explains how to create and manage type settings for your event.** You can also watch a video about how to manage type settings**Prerequisites are:
- Having access to an event and application on the Grip Dashboard
Types are one of the most fundamental and important parts of Grip, things that you can do with types:
- Manage Permissions for different 'types' of users.
- For example, Exhibitors might be able to search for VIPs but Visitors might not be able to do so.
- Specify what data can be edited by different 'types' of users
- For example, Exhibitors might be able to specify which products they provide but visitors might not be able to do so.
- Specify what data will be shown for different types of users
- For example, for visitors, I might be able to see their Budgets but I might not be able to see that for VIPs.
- Specify what data can be filtered on for different types of users
- For example, for visitors, I might be able to filter on Seniority Level, but might not be able to do that for VIPs
We hope that these examples give you an idea of type settings and how to use them.
Below is a small "how to" of the best way to get started with Type Settings.
1. Select your application and event
2. Go to the type settings screen
3. Create your first Type (Note: It's worth switching from "Event Types" To "Application Types" to make sure that you're not creating a new type that already exists in the app.
4. Type the name of the first type and create it. (Note: if the type is something people can log in to such as a visitor make sure "can_meet" and "can_swipe" are both active. Otherwise,
5. Now that you have your first type press "edit" on the far right (Note: you might need to be showing "Application Types" in order to see your newly created type).
6. You'll now see the main type settings page with the various tabs for Permissions, Editing, Data Shown and Search Filters. There are individual guides for permissions and for data editing that you can read. Besides