In this article, we'll explain the difference between the URL links available in the Grip networking Dashboard and where you can use them.
Grip provides a platform that allows the organizers to embed the event's webinar, live stream and any contents available pre-post event.
To embed a session in Grip means that: Once a webinar is created in Grip; the user will be able to attend and watch the webinar inside the Grip networking platform without being directed to the third party which in this case is the webinar provider. For instance Incomftv, youtube etc.
There are 4 URL link functions available in Grip:
- URL Link: This is a link that is used to give more information about a session on any external web page. For instance, Organisers can use this section when they have more comprehensive information about the session on the event's website and want the delegates to read if they would like to know more about the session. This link is none-virtual and does not shape any virtual webinar experience for the user.
- Live Stream URL: This link is used for the Live stream sessions/webinars. Link can be displayed in two formats:
- Link to external site available under button `Watch LiveStream`
- Embedded on the session page
- Before session start there will be a button 'Livestream session' displayed on it in event agenda and schedule page. When session starts, the button will change state to `Watch Livestream`. You can click on this button to open session details page and access the embedded video player.
- Video Recording URL. This is the link that allows the organizers to share On-demand or recorded Livestream sessions/webinars after the Live Stream webinar/session is finished. Link can be displayed in two formats:
- Link to external site available under button `Watch Video Recording`
- Embedded on the session page
- When the link is provided on the session, then there will be a button `Recorded session` displayed on it inthe event agenda and my schedule. Once the recording is available on the session page, the button will change state to `Watch recroding`.
- LiveStream vs Recording Link:
- If there'are both links provided on the session, then the LiveStream link will be available (embedded or as a button) before and during the session and for 30 minutes after the session ends. Then Recording link will be available.
- If there's only LiveStream link available, then it will be available (embedded or as a button) before and during the session and for 30 minutes after the session ends.
- If there's only Recording link provided, then it will be available (embedded or as a button) on the session all the time.
- On the event agenda and my schedule, appropriate buttons will be displayed on the session, depending on the links provided and the state of the session described above. It's possible to display both buttons for the recorded session and live stream at the same time.
- Session content URL. Organizers can share any session-related content on external pages using this link. Link will be available on the session details block under `Get Session Content` label.
If you have any questions or suggestions you can reach out to us on email@example.com