In this article, we'll explain the difference between the URL links available in the Grip networking Dashboard and where you can use them.
Grip provides a platform that allows the organizers to embed the event's webinar, live stream and any contents available pre-post event.
To embed a session in Grip means that: Once a webinar is created in Grip; the user will be able to attend and watch the webinar inside the Grip networking platform without being directed to the third party which in this case is the webinar provider. For instance Incomftv, youtube etc.
There are 4 URL link functions available in Grip:
- URL Link: This is a link that is used to give more information about a session on any external web page. For instance, Organisers can use this section when they have more comprehensive information about the session on the event's website and want the delegates to read if they would like to know more about the session. This link is none-virtual and does not shape any virtual webinar experience for the user.
- Live Stream URL: This link is used for the Live stream sessions/webinars. Link can be displayed in two formats:
- Link to external site available under button `Watch LiveStream`
- Embedded on the session page
- Before session start there will be a button 'Livestream session' displayed on it in event agenda and schedule page. When session starts, the button will change state to `Watch Livestream`. You can click on this button to open session details page and access the embedded video player.
- Video Recording URL. This is the link that allows the organizers to share On-demand or recorded Livestream sessions/webinars after the Live Stream webinar/session is finished. Link can be displayed in two formats:
- Link to external site available under button `Watch Video Recording`
- Embedded on the session page
- When the link is provided on the session, then there will be a button `Recorded session` displayed on it inthe event agenda and my schedule. Once the recording is available on the session page, the button will change state to `Watch recroding`.
- LiveStream vs Recording Link:
- If there'are both links provided on the session, then the LiveStream link will be available (embedded or as a button) before and during the session and for 30 minutes after the session ends. Then Recording link will be available.
- If there's only LiveStream link available, then it will be available (embedded or as a button) before and during the session and for 30 minutes after the session ends.
- If there's only Recording link provided, then it will be available (embedded or as a button) on the session all the time.
- On the event agenda and my schedule, appropriate buttons will be displayed on the session, depending on the links provided and the state of the session described above. It's possible to display both buttons for the recorded session and live stream at the same time.
- Session content URL. Organizers can share any session-related content on external pages using this link. Link will be available on the session details block under `Get Session Content` label.
Polling and Q&A URL
This creates a button called ‘Polling & Q&A”, containing the URL that you’ve added. This allows you to link to any third-party site, but note that the content will open in a new tab for your viewers.
Audience Interaction Embed URL
This allows you to add a link which is then embedded into the sidebar on the right of the session details page, visible for your attendees while they watch a session.
This can be used to allow Event Organisers to load interactive content from a third-party site into Grip, which could give attendees the option to take part in a live poll, or other audience interaction tool. You will also need to specify a name for your link, which will appear to your viewers when they watch the session.
Note that you have the option to “personalize” the Audience Interaction Embed URL, which means that you can create a URL that is slightly different depending on the user that loads it. This works in the same way as the Personalised URL Navigation Item option, where you can specify a part of the URL to be dynamic. The example below uses a Custom Profile Field (sent as part of registration) to load each user’s email address into the URL, in order to have the user log into a Q&A web tool automatically.
If you have any questions or suggestions you can reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org