Session live streams on the home feed page
Event attendees can display session live streams on the home-feed page in the Grip Web Networking. This article explains how to enable this functionality.
When will the session live stream show up on the home feed page?
Session players appear on users home feed only in two cases:
- The session is added to the user's schedule
- The session is happening on the location with 'Promote in Home Feed' setting enabled.
For any of these cases, a session must meet two more conditions:
- There needs to be embedded live stream url provided on the session
- Session needs to be happening now
It is important to note that:
Sessions added by the user to the schedule take priority over sessions happening on the promoted location.
This means that when there is a session happening now on the promoted location if the user has added a session in a different location to 'My Schedule' at the same time, then this will appear on the Home Feed instead.
How to enable Promote in Home Feed setting?
Go to Dashboard -> Event Program -> Locations -> Open location details -> Enable the setting and save
If session promoted on the home feed is sponsored, it will not show on the home feed without a user adding it to 'My Schedule' to ensure the sponsor receives leads from users that actively chose to participate in their session.
1. What if a user adds multiple sessions to his schedule, which are happening at the same time?
All sessions will be displayed as happening now, but only one session will be displayed with a live stream player. The session that started first will have the player.
2. What if there are multiple sessions happening at the same time in a promoted location?
The same rule as above applies.