How the type “workshop” works inside the Hosted Buyer platform
Workshops in the Hosted Buyer platform; are added to the buyers' schedule/calendar. When a buyer set preferences for a workshop; in essence, he sets a preference against the exhibitor/supplier running the workshop. Grip receives the preference scoring and sends this to Accent. Accent then; generates a schedule between the exhibitor/supplier and the buyer.
**The workshop's scores are based on the buyer's interest in the workshop and the exhibitor/supplier's interest in the buyer. (for instance; if a buyer show interest in attending a workshop; but the supplier did not have an intention to meet with the buyer; the meeting between the Workshop and the buyer will not take place.
For the purpose of this article, we will cover the entire set up by telling you a user story:
RbtGoto is an international exhibition that brings together the worlds' most influential buyers and supplier in the field of computer software and AI/machine learning together to sell and deliver a blend of eye-opening product and services. The event constitutes of 4 types in the RbtGoto networking Hosted Buyer platform.
- Exhibitors (suppliers)
- Exhibitors will be running the workshops
- None of the exhibitors and buyers is able to contact/book a meeting with the staff
- Staff are only able to see the list and search
II. What are the “Must to have” components of a “workshop” type
Before you start creating the workshops in the Grip dashboard, please ensure that you have the information below ready and imported either via import or manual. When the configuration is completed please double check to see whether all the structured and unstructured metadata below are included in the "Workshop" type&group.
- Meeting unique number: This is used for whether meetings are Exclusive or Not. It is only needed to select the option ‘Exclusive Meeting’ if the meetings need to be Unique between the exhibitors/suppliers.
- Exclusive meeting
- None-Exclusive meeting
- Workshop Capacity
- Workshop location order
- exhibitor_id: This is Required for Suppliers and used for the Met-Before flag to check against previous events.
- venueIDs: where the event has multiple venues