Hybrid events take place in person as well as online. Grip has three event formats; Virtual, Hybrid, and In person. As your event is hybrid, you will have features from an in person, and a virtual event. This means you will have two types of attendees within your event; virtual attendees, and in person attendees. You will need to put these attendees into groups in order for them to get the correct event format and have a good experience, it also lets other event participants know whether they are virtual or in person participants so correct meeting locations can be used.
In this article we will cover:
- How to create a hybrid event
- How to configure a hybrid event
- Categorizing a custom group for hybrid events
- How to create a hybrid meeting location
How to create a hybrid event
When creating a new event in the Grip Dashboard, there is now a new option to select the type of event you want to have. This new field is called Event Format.
1. Create a new event or app in the Grip Dashboard.
2. Enter the event name, dates, and then select your event format (i.e. Hybrid for a Hybrid event) from the new drop-down menu.
3. Once an event format has been selected, enter the timezone the event is being held in, the type of event it is (Expo, Tradeshow, Conference, etc.), and finally a privacy type matching your event.
How to configure a hybrid event
Events are now able to be changed once they have been created. There is a new drop-down under Event Configuration in the details section of the dashboard that allows you to control what Event Format you would like your event to be.
1. In the Grip Dashboard, navigate to the event setup section on the left-hand menu.
2. On the details page, find the field called 'Event format'.
3. Under the Event Configuration section, there will be a drop-down that allows you to select your Event Format and your Meeting Provider. Here you can change your event to In-Person, Hybrid, or Virtual.
*Note: The Meeting Provider drop-down field will only be available if Hybrid or Virtual is selected.
Categorizing a custom group for hybrid events
1. In the Grip Dashboard, navigate to the 'Custom Groups' section.
2. Create a new Custom Group that you can use to group all Virtual Attendees, and another group that can be used to group Hybrid Attendees.
When creating a Custom Group there is a field called 'Hybrid Group Access' where you can select the type of group this will be.
*Note: Custom Groups with Hybrid or Virtual categorizations enabled will display tags on user profiles on the event platform. This also determines what locations users can meet at based on their group category. Hybrid groups can meet at public, private (booths) and virtual locations. Virtual groups can only meet virtually.
3. Once a Hybrid Group Access category has been selected, scroll down and click 'Create Group' to save changes.
How to create a hybrid meeting location
1. In the Grip Dashboard, navigate to the Meetings section on the left-hand side-bar.
2. Once on the 'Meetings' page, navigate to the 'Locations' tab and click 'create a meeting location'.
3. When setting up a meeting location, there is an option under the location type field called 'Hybrid Virtual'.
*Note: The Hybrid Virtual location type allows both hybrid attendees and virtual attendees to meet at this location.
4. Once you have selected the location type, set the duration of the meetings, set the date range, and configure the times the meeting location is available. Once complete, click 'Save Meeting Location' to finalize the creation of your meeting location.