INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE
- How to Create a Hybrid Event
- How to Configure a Hybrid Event
- Categorizing a Custom Group for Hybrid Events
- How to Access Virtual Meeting Room
How to Create a Hybrid Event
When creating a new event in the Grip Dashboard, there is now a new option to select the type of event you want to have. This new field is called Event Format.
- Create a new event or app in the Grip Dashboard
- Enter the event name, dates, and then select your event format (i.e. Hybrid for a Hybrid event) from the new drop-down menu
- Once an event format has been selected, enter the timezone the event is being held in, the type of event it is (Expo, Tradeshow, Conference, etc.), and finally a privacy type matching your event.
How to Configure a Hybrid Event
Events are now able to be changed once they have been created. There is a new drop-down under Event Configuration in the details section of the dashboard that allows you to control what Event Format you would like your event to be.
- In the Grip Dashboard, navigate to the event setup section on the left-hand menu
2. On the details page, find the field called Event format
3. Under the Event Configuration section, there will be a drop-down that allows you to select your Event Format and your Meeting Provider. Here you can change your event to In-Person, Hybrid, or Virtual.
*Note: The Meeting Provider drop-down field will only be available if Hybrid or Virtual is selected.
Categorizing a Custom Group for Hybrid Events
- In the Grip Dashboard, navigate to the Custom Groups section
2. Create a new Custom Group that you can use to group all Virtual Attendees, and another group that can be used to group Hybrid Attendees
3. When creating a Custom Group there is a new field called Hybrid Group Access where you can select the type of group this will be.
*Note: Custom Groups with Hybrid or Virtual categorizations enabled will display tags on user profiles on the event platform. This also determines what locations users can meet at based on their group category. Hybrid groups can meet at public, private (booths) and virtual locations. Virtual groups can only meet virtually.
4. Once a Hybrid Group Access category has been selected, scroll down and click Create Group to save changes
How to Create a Hybrid Meeting Location
- In the Grip Dashboard, navigate to the Meetings section on the left-hand side-bar
2. Once on the Meetings page, navigate to the Locations tab and create a meeting location
3. When setting up a meeting location, there is a new option under the location Type field called Hybrid Virtual.
*Note: The Hybrid Virtual location type allows both hybrid attendees and virtual attendees to meet at this location.
4. Once you have selected the Location Type, set the duration of the meetings, set the date range, and configure the times the meeting location is available. Once complete, click Save Meeting Location to finalize the creation of a meeting location.