Grip Teams is used by exhibitor representatives or other participants that would use a team to manage all meetings, leads, chats, company information, products, account details, contacts, and data exports on the platform. This is their portal where all team activity and information is stored. As an event organiser you can see all of this data within the Grip dashboard. Click here to view our article on the My Team portal and functionality overview.
In this article we will cover:
How to setup a team within the Grip Dashboard
1. To set up a team (for this example an in person exhibitor team) you must have a 'Companies' data type set up within 'Event Data Types' as well as 'Participants' (in this example, in person exhibitor rep), and 'Items' (in this example, products) if applicable.
2. Make sure that the relationship from the company to the participant (in this case 'In person exhibitor' - 'In person exhibitor rep' or company to product is toggled on and vice versa. The relationship between a participant and company (or product) has now been made.
3. Within the data type you will allow to create a team. Make sure to set the number of participants that can be part of a team. If this is set to 0 that data type will not be able to create a team.
4. When you create a company within the 'Data' section on the dashboard whether that is manually or through an import (in this example, an in person exhibitor). Under 'Custom Profile Fields' you will see the company has generated an 'exhibitor_id' at the bottom of the page.
5. This id needs to be linked to a participant (in this case, an exhibitor rep) or a product to create the relationship and link the two together. You can create these relationships manually through the 'Relationships' tab on a participants, or products profile or you can add the company exhibitor id to the participant, or product csv upload template. Please note, the exhibitor id must be the same for both the company and participant and/or product for it to be linked.
The steps for linking products is the same as linking participants as shown above.
Monetization and teams
1. Monetization is an important part of the Grip Teams setup process. This is where you can set what features are available to a team or specific data type. Up to 3 plans can be setup for your event. You must have at least one 'default' plan otherwise your data types will have access to all features.
It is important to note, that Monetization Plans act as an add-on to existing settings and not an override. For example, should there be an Event Inbound Lead limit of one and one Banner Ad, and a user purchases a monetization package, which provides an Inbound Lead limit of two but no Banner Ad is included, then the user will get an Inbound Lead Limit two and also a Banner Ad. We have an article here that guides you through configuring monetization plans.
The Grip Teams page
1. Within the dashboard navigate to 'Grip Teams' in the left sidebar.
Here you will see all activated teams and a button to add a team to the event.
2. Click into a team to view the teams information. You will first land on the 'Profile' tab. From here you can edit the teams information, such as; Team Name, Company Name, Headline, Industry, Location, Summary, and Image, as you can on the company profile page.
3. On the right hand side of this page you will also see 'Actions', and 'Profile Preview' which shows the companies products and participants that you have created a relationship to, as well as the Custom Profile Field data, company description, and the limit on team size (you have to be a super admin to edit this).
4. Under 'Actions' on the right hand side of the page, you will see six different buttons.
4a. Deactivate Team - This will deactivate the team and remove data within the team.
4b. Remove Team From Event - This will completely remove the team from the event.
4c. Team Results export - This will export each data typed linked to the team. This shows; Profile/Session Views, Session Attendees, Profile Interested Actions Received, Profile Interested Actions Taken, Profile Connections, Profile Meetings Requested, Profile Meetings Received, Profile Meetings Scheduled, Profile Active In Event, Profile Last Login Date, and generic profile info. The points in the list above will all be numerical values.
4d. Inbound Leads export - This will export all inbound lead information linked to the team. This shows; Lead Name, Lead Company Name, Lead Job Title, Lead Job Industry, Lead Location, Lead Phone Number, Lead Email, Lead Last Login Date, Lead Tags - Viewed Actions, Lead Tags - Network Actions, Lead Tags - Meeting Actions, Lead Tags - Session Actions, Lead Tags - Company Chat, Review Status, Is Contact, Lead Connection with Team, Lead Sponsored Session Unique Views, Contact Detail Sharing, Type, Job Industry, and other standard profile information.
4e. Simplified Leads export - This will export more simplified lead information linked to the team. This shows; Lead Name, Lead Company Name, Lead Job Title, Lead Job Industry, Lead Location, Lead Phone Number, Lead Email, Lead Tags, Lead Tags - Viewed, Lead Tags - Network, Lead Tags - Meeting, Lead Tags - Session, Lead Tags - Company Chat, Inbound Lead Review Status, Lead Connected to a Team Member, Lead Connection with Team, Lead Sponsored Session Unique Views, Contact Detail Sharing, Custom Profile Field data, and other standard profile information.
4f. Contacts Report export - This will export the teams' contacts. This shows; Contact Name, Contact Stage, Email, Job Title, Phone Number, Location, Company Name, Source, Scanned By, Date Created, Active, Last Login, Lead Notes, and other standard profile information.
5. At the top of the 'Teams' page you will see a tab named 'Relationships'. From this page you can view the team members, change team member access by clicking 'edit access', team member join requests, and Items associated with the team (including the company). Under 'Items' you can add a representative as a team member from here.
6. At the top of the 'Teams' page you will see a tab named 'Plans'. This shows what monetization plan the company is currently on. You can change this for the company without them going through the 'Upgrade' plan process within the event platform and getting invoiced. This will change their plan for free.
What is needed to set up Grip Teams in an event?
It is critical for there to be a unique identifier in your registration data to link Representatives to their Company to use Teams.
How is a team created?
Teams are created through the relationship between a Representative and their Company. The first Representative to log in will be prompted to create the Team; all other Representatives with a relationship to the Company will automatically be added when they log in.
Does Grip Teams work if the event uses single sign-on?
If single sign-on is enabled, team members cannot invite new users from within the platform, all representatives must be linked to the Company with a unique identifier.
How do representatives access the My Team portal?
Teams are created through the relationship between a representative and their company. The first representative to log in will be prompted to create the team; all other representatives with a relationship to the company will automatically be added when they log in.
Do teams receive their contacts’ email addresses?
Grip will not share participant email addresses unless they have had their badge scanned by a team member. This is the only way that a participant has expressly granted permission to share their contact details with a representative.
Which data type will a team invitee take?
Any user invited to a team through the front end will inherit the data type of the user that invited them to the team. This means that if there are representatives and speakers in a team and a representative invites a user to the platform then they will become a representative. If a speaker were to invite a member to teams then they would become a speaker. You can then change their data type from the dashboard if needed.
After a team has been created, will invitees have instant access to the platform?
Any participant added after a team has been created will need to be approved by the Admin or Event Organizer.