Navigation Items are menu items that act as a quick links to allow event participants the ability to easily navigate the Networking Platform. Navigation Items allow you to create a customized menu side-bar that appears on the Web and Mobile App platforms. Navigation Items can be a Native List, an Email, or a Web URL.
- Navigation Page - Grip Dashboard
- Creating and Editing Navigation Items
- Reordering Navigation Items
- Navigation Items - Hosted Buyer
- Platform Examples
Navigation Page - Grip Dashboard
To start, you can find the Navigation page under the Event Details menu on the Grip Dashboard.
Once you land on the Navigation page, you will notice that there are some pre-populated Navigation Items. These are the Grip standard Navigation Items that appear if the Navigation Items haven't been set up yet. These pre-populated items can be removed, edited, or reordered.
The Navigation page is broken up into two pieces by Primary and Secondary Navigation Items.
- Primary Navigation Items are going to be displayed when the Navigation menu side-bar is expanded and when the side-bar is collapsed.
- Secondary Navigation Items only display when the Navigation menu side-bar is expanded.
Creating and Editing Navigation Items
To create Navigation Items for your event, please follow steps below:
- In the Grip Dashboard, under the Event Details section, select Navigation
- Once you land on the Navigation page, click "Create Navigation Item"
*If you would like to edit an existing Navigation Item click the pencil next to the desired Navigation Item
- After you choose to create or edit a Navigation Item, a builder module will be displayed where you can choose the elements of your Navigation Item
You must select:
- Navigation Item Name
- Placement (Primary or Secondary)
- Item Type which include:
- Grip Standard Types (Event Agenda, Main Stage, Meetings, My Schedule, Network, or Speed Network)
- Native Lists of the Data Types within the platform
- URLs (Personalized URL, Website URL, or Email Address)
*Floor Plan will only be available if a Mapwize ID is present
*Event Agenda will only be displayed if Sessions are present
- After you have filled out all of the information about your Navigation Item, click "Create Navigation Item" to save your changes.
- You will now see your custom Navigation Item under the Primary or Secondary Navigation Items table
Please note that the translation of navigation item names is currently unavailable on our mobile apps.
Reordering Navigation Items
Once the Navigation Items have been created, you are able to customize the order in which they appear in the platform. To do this, simply click and drag the Navigation Item to your desired spot.
Navigation Items - Hosted Buyer
When the platform is set up as a Hosted Buyer event, the functionality of the Navigation Page slightly changes.
- When Hosted Buyer is enabled, the Navigation Items set up as Network > Interested and Network > Skipped (Field: Item Type being Network. Field: Profile Filter being Interested/Skipped) will be where the Meet (Interested) and No Thanks (Skipped) limits are displayed.
- The "My Must Meet List" and "My Meet List" will automatically be populated based off of the Navigation Item set up as Network > Interested. The "My No Thanks List" will automatically be populated based off of the Navigation Item set up as Network > Skipped.
*An information toaster will display for Hosted Buyer events when creating/editing Navigation Items as shown above
- The naming convention of the Interested and Skipped Navigation Items cannot be changed for Hosted Buyer and will be displayed as the names below:
Navigation Menu Expanded
Navigation Menu Collapsed