Event organisers can allow attendees embed Youtube, Vimeo and other video providers within their profiles. These videos will appear embedded in profiles as they are in the image below:
Within this article, you will find out:
- How to add embed links within your profile
- How to extract embed links from your video provider
How to add embed links within your profile
1. Once logged in, open the Edit Profile page and find the Video URL (embedded on the profile) field.
2. Click on the field and provide a link to your video.
Note, that Grip has only tested the support of embeddable Youtube, Vimeo or Glisser links. You may be able to embed videos from other providers but we can't guarantee correct display.
Youtube and Vimeo links follow these formats:
Keep scrolling to find out how to extract these links from your video provider.
How to extract embed links from your video provider
How to extract a Youtube embed link
1. Find your video on Youtube and click on the Share button
2. Click Embed on the pop up
3. Copy the highlighted part of the code (the link between quotation marks)
4. Paste the link into the Video URL field (as described above)
Note that to embed the video it must be either Public or Unlisted - Private videos cannot be embedded.
How to embed Vimeo on a Grip Profile
1. Find your video on Vimeo and click on the Share button
2. Copy the highlighted part of the code (the link between the quotation marks):
3. Paste the link in your profile
How to embed Glisser on a Grip Profile
1. The Glisser link to embed can be found in the Glisser dashboard either from the session tile or from the session details on the side bar.
2. Either from the Organiser Dashboard or from the Profile in Teams, add the Glisser Link in the field "Video URL (Embedded on Profile)"
3. Once this is completed you'll be able to see the Glisser Virtual Booth with extended height to show slides, downloads and other links on the profile.
The Glisser Virtual Booth will capture the email address of the viewer, as Grip automatically performs a silent login with Glisser as we do with Sessions.