In this article, we will explain how to set up or update your personal profile to make the best of our networking platform and AI-powered matchmaking engine. You will find out more about:
Editing your profile from within the Grip platform
At standard events, you will be able to edit your profile from within the Grip platform. Below are the steps for doing so.
1. Log in to the platform using your login and password.
2. Click on your profile icon in the top right.
3. Begin editing your profile. You can amend different types of information and features by clicking on the various fields and icons. You can find out more below:
Please see the gif above to see how you can edit and update your profile. For more information about the different types of field that you can edit within the platform please see the subsections below;
You can amend your profile image in the platform. To do so;
1. Click on your profile image, or the placeholder where a profile image would be.
2. Click 'Choose file', which will bring up a file selector. Pick a photo to make your profile photo.
3. Once you have selected the image you want to be your profile image, press upload.
4. You can then reframe your photo, and press 'Save'. Once this has been done, you have changed your profile image.
Freeform text fields (e.g. Headline, Location or Summary)
i) For freeform fields, click on the field (as in the GIF above).
ii) Type out the information that you want to display on your profile within the field.
iii) Press the 'Update Profile' button at the bottom of the page.
Depending on the event, you can fill out fields using pre-defined values.
1. Click on a field (you'll notice that pre-defined values display a number on the right hand side of the field)
2. When the modal pops up, select the values that apply to you by clicking directly on them.
3. When finished, press 'Update'. Your profile has been updated accordingly.
Embedded Video URLs
If enabled by the event organiser, you can also embed a video within your profile. You can find out more information about this in our article on embedding Youtube, Vimeo and Glisser within your profiles.