At Grip, we use the following specific fields and Elastic Search for our Global Search.
- This means we provide Elastic Search with the fields that need searching
- With the search fields that we've provided Elastic Search, the following logic is used
Standard sorting setup in order of:
- Relevancy - by descending values of "_score", otherwise, the following logic is also used:
- Names - by ascending alphabetical order
- No names - by pushing unnamed things to the end
In order to view how the relevancy score is sorted, please read https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/relevance-intro.html
The fields that Global Search looks for matches on the search criteria, are the below fields in roughly the following order:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Job Title
- Metadata enabled for showing (e.g. Job Function, Job Industry, Primary role, Product Categories)
The main field that we do not look through for matches on the search criteria is a users summary field.