How do I manage my availability at the event?
In Grip, you can easily control what times you are available for meetings, so that you receive meeting requests only when you are planning to be available on the platform.
You will find the availability management functionality on your profile settings page.
1. Event organizers set custom times that are open for scheduling meetings when the event is live. Click Edit Availability to narrow down the time frame when people can request meetings with you.
2. You will see the expanded availability configuration interface that consists of 2 parts:
- Range of daily availability
- List of event days
You can use them both or a single one, depending on your needs. Let's have a closer look at them.
3. Range of daily availability allows you to easily set up a single range of times when you are available for meetings:
- You can easily block the time outside of work hours, by setting the availability range at the time you're in the office.
- Or you can just ensure, you're not getting meeting requests at night when the event is spanning multiple timezones:
4. List of Event Days. Here you can see all days when meeting locations are opened. The list allows you for further customisation of daily availability range:
- You can easily make the entire day unavailable by unselecting the checkbox:
- Click the edit icon on the right, to add time ranges when you're not available within the day:
- Your selection will be then previewed on the list:
4. You can easily reset all the settings by clicking on the red Reset Availability button:
1. Why am I asked to review my availability?
If you already had your availability settings configured in the previous version of the functionality, we might ask you to review your availability in the new format. This will happen if your existing unavailable time ranges don't follow 15 minute intervals in each hour, i.e. :00, :15, :30, :45.
- Your previous availability will remain as initially set, after the functionality format update.
- If you see this message, it means that the display of the edit mode on some of the days might be compromised. You might see empty slots like this:
- You can click Done to leave the time ranges intact
- Or you can set the new ranges using the dropdowns. The times are listed in 15-minute intervals, so you won't be able to select the exact same range:
2. Why am I asked to review my availability in the new time-zone?
- If you had already set your availability and open the management page in the new timezone, we will ask you to review your availability settings or set them once again.
- The display of the time ranges can differ from what you initially set in another timezone. We recommend reviewing your settings to make sure they reflect the actual times you will be present on the event.
- In the new timezone, your range of daily availability can be displayed as unavailable time ranges across two days to reflect exact time you previously set: