This article explains how to add a scan id to an individual's profile.
Before we get started, please check with your QR/badge provider that they are using one of the following accepted Grip codes:
- 1D barcodes: EAN-13, EAN-8, UPC-A, UPC-E, Code-39, Code-93, Code-128, ITF
- 2D barcodes: QRCode, Data Matrix, PDF-417, AZTEC
The scan ID added to Grip should be the equivalent of the Code that is associated with the QR Code on the attendees Badge. If the "Scan ID" is the same as the "QR Code" on the badge. The "Badge Scanning" functionality that Grip provides can be successfully used by an exhibitor or other visitor to scan someone's badge and with that, establish a connection on Grip, and, download the contact details of the person from the web platform after the event.
Below is a small "how to" of the best way to get started with adding a scan id to a profile of an event participant. For the purpose of this demo, we selected Tim who is a company representative in the event.
1. Select the application and event
2. Select the "Representative" category which you have created in your type setting. To learn how to create a type setting, please refer to our article "How to Create and Manage Type Settings".
3. Double click on the representative's name.
4- Enter the scan Id. This field should be populated and match to the Id that the badge printing company also uses for the scanner to read the profile.
5- Click on save
Voilà! you have added a scan id to the profile of your attendee. Still having problems? No problem! Just contact our support team on email@example.com.