INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE
- What is Company Chat
- How to Use Company Chat
- Platform Example
What is Company Chat?
Company Chat is a feature that allows companies with Teams enabled to chat directly with attendees through the Grip Networking App. These messages go into a communal inbox for the company that any representative can pick up and respond to. When a representative responds to a message, the message comes through as if the Company responded to the conversation. Users can Instant Message the Company through the Company Profile.
How to Turn On Company Chat?
For the Company Chat feature to work, Teams needs to be enabled on the Grip platform. If Teams is not set up, please contact a Grip Project Manager. The next steps will show you how to enable Company Chat:
1. In the Grip Dashboard, go to “Type Settings” on the left hand side-menu
2. Click the edit button next to any Data Type listed as a company
3. Go to "Permissions" for your chosen user
4. Toggle on the field that reads: X “is a company and can receive instant Chat Messages from users."
Company Representatives that are part of a Team can utilize this feature to talk to users on behalf of the company.
1. Open up the Teams Profile by clicking the Team icon in the top right corner
2. Click on Company Chat on the left side-menu
3. Open and respond to chats that have been sent by other attendees