The Event Homepage is the first screen you will land on after signing into the platform and one of the main screens users use to navigate through the platform and the event. The Event Homepage usually displays the most useful information for your event. For example it may show the speakers, event resources, an individuals agenda and meetings, floor-plans, and sponsors. The event homepage is fully customisable. We will also list which homepage blocks are available on web, mobile, or both below.
In this article we will show you how to easily create customised homepages for your events, allowing you to design and personalise your participant experience, according to what's important to them.
In this article, we will cover:
Understanding the Event Homepage
Here's a quick GIF overview before we jump into the details:
Step by step guide
1. Open the 'Homepage' menu on the left hand side of the organiser dashboard, to insert the Homepage blocks. These blocks are individual items that you can customise and build, drag and drop, to create your homepage (also sometimes known as the home feed).
The homepage blocks available to be customised are:
Simple blocks (navigation items):
- Meeting. Available on both web and mobile.
- Event Agenda and pre-filtered Event Agenda. Available on both web and mobile.
- My Schedule. Available on both web and mobile.
- Network. Available on both web and mobile.
- URL. Available on both web and mobile.
- Profile List. Available on both web and mobile.
- Floor-plan. Available on both web and mobile.
- Badge Scan. Only available on mobile.
- Main stage. Only available on web.
- Speed Networking. Available on both web and mobile.
Banners (used to enhance your web homepage with movement and images - not available on mobile):
- Static banner. Only available on web.
- Video and text banner. Only available on web.
- Large carousel banner. Only available on web.
- Small carousel banner. Only available on web.
- Icon. Available on both web and mobile.
- Text and Icon. Available on both web and mobile.
- Image. Available on both web and mobile.
- User (e.g. speaker or sponsor). Available on both web and mobile.
- Item. Only available on web.
- Company. Only available on web.
- Company and text. Only available on web.
2. Title the block as it will appear on the homepage, and select the colour for the title to fit with your branding.
3. Add images where appropriate (either ‘Desktop’, ‘Mobile’, or both, depending on the format of the event.
4. Choose visibility of the blocks based on participant type (e.g. visitor or supplier). The Data Types you have deselected will not be able to see the homepage block.
5. Each block has its own additional options for customisation; follow the instructions on each block to get the best results.
6. Changes need to be saved on each block separately, so don't forget to save!
7. Drag and drop the blocks on the homepage to reorder them once they're complete.
Here are some examples of the Event Homepage:
Can I change the block background colour, text colour and font?
Can I change the background image that appears on the homepage?
Yes, you can do this by going into the 'Event Branding' page under 'Event Details' in the dashboard. Click here to view our article on Event Branding. You can only choose a colour for your background on mobile and not an image.
Can I change the block's icon and colour?
Yes, in every block you will see a selection of icons, you can also change the background colour of each icon to fit your event branding for both web and mobile.
Can I link to an external an internal page from the homepage within the app?
You can link to an external page, as long as the URL is already a Navigation Item.
Can I link to an external or internal page using the Quick Links block on the homepage?
Yes, you can link to an external or internal page using Quick Links blocks on both web and mobile.
Can I add profile blocks on both web and mobile?
Is the shaded rectangle on a quick links block visible on mobile?
No, this is not visible on mobile.
I am receiving the 'conflict found' error when moving homepage blocks, why is this?
This can happen if two users, or two separate browser sessions are viewing the dashboard homepage at the same time. You will have to close the other sessions where the dashboard is in use in order to make changes to the homepage.