Cross-Event Networking Swipes
The Cross-Event Swipe Project is aimed to make the participant experience seamless and coherent for attendees participating in multiple, separate events. There have been updates made to the previous logic that will result in a more simple participant experience. This article will cover the newly updated logic to go over what specifically was updated.
A Swipe is when an attendee takes action on another attendee. These actions are classified as: Show Interest and Skip. When a participant shows interest in or skips another participant, they have created a swipe.
A Cross-Event Swipe is when Attendees can swipe on other Attendees that were recommended to them in a previous event and there was no connection formed. Cross-Event Swipes are only active when Attendees participate in future events with the some of the same Attendees from previous events. See example below:
- Attendee A and Attendee B participate in Event 1
- Attendee A and Attendee B participate in Event 2
Cross-Event Swipe Updated Logic
This section covers the updated logic around Cross-Event Swipes.
Swipes can be registered in multiple events and are unique in each event
Attendees now have a unique set of swipes in each event. Any connections made in a previous event will remain a connection in the next event.
- Attendee A can now swipe interested on Attendee B in Event 1
- Attendee A can swipe skipped on Attendee B in Event 2 if there was no connection formed in Event 1
- If Attendee A swipes interested on Attendee B in Event 1, the state of the swipe will revert back to as if there was no action taken in Event 2
Cross-Event Connections are displayed
Connections made in Event 1 will be carried over to Event 2 if Attendee A and B are attending the same events
- Connections will be displayed on Profile Lists, Profiles Details, and Connections Sidebar
Cross-Event Connection Creation
Connections must be created in the same Event rather than Cross-Events. See example below:
- Attendee A shows interest in Attendee B in Event 1 > Attendee B shows interest in Attendee A in Event 2 > Result: No connection created
- Attendee A shows interest in Attendee B in Event 1 > Attendee B shows mutual interest in Attendee A in Event 1 > Result: Connection created
Attendees can be recommended more than once
Attendees will be recommended more than once if they weren't swiped on.
- Attendee A is recommended to Attendee B in Event 1
- Only Attendee B swipes on Attendee A > No connecction is created
- Attendee A can be recommended again to Attendee B again in Event 2
Attendees can always provide a new preference to any Attendees in any Hosted Buyer Event
- Attendees that have previous marked preferences on Attendees in previous events will now be asked again to mark their preferences in future events - regardless of having a connection with them or not