Grip has added another roundtable provider outside of the standard Whereby roundtables. In Grip, it is now possible to create a roundtable session with Vonage as the meeting room provider. Vonage roundtables is an add-on feature, so be sure to reach out to your Account Manager if you would like to start using this feature. This article will go over how to create Vonage roundtable sessions and the user experience around it.
- How to Create a Vonage Roundtable Session
- Vonage Roundtable Functionalities & User Experience
- FAQ - Vonage Roundtable
How to Create a Vonage Roundtable Session
1. Contact Grip Team to enable the functionality in your application.
2. In the Grip Dashboard, navigate and expand the Event Settings menu. Then click on Event Program
3. From the Event Program screen, click on Create Roundtable Session
4. Fill out the Roundtable Session Details on the Pop-Up Window
- The maximum limit of attendees on Roundtables sessions is 100. However no more than 25 people can enable their video and audio at the same time. The limit includes speakers, who can always enable their video and audio, therefore the overall number of participants who can take active part in session is: 25 - number of speakers in session.
- The session length cannot be set longer than 60 minutes.If you are already in the session and the time exceeds 60 minutes (or less depending on the configured session length), participants will get 30 min of extra time. New participants will not be able to join after the session ends.
5. Save & Finish by clicking on "Create Session" to successfully create a Vonage Roundtable
Vonage Roundtable Functionalities and User Experience
Session Details Page
Participants need to add the session to their schedule in order to watch/attend the roundtable since there is a maximum limit of 100 attendees.
- Session participants can access the roundtable exactly when the session starts
- Session Speakers can access the roundtable at any time before the session start time
Vonage Roundtable Meeting Room
Vonage Meeting Rooms will now be embedded on the session details page within Grip.
- All participants get access to the screen sharing and device selection functionality.
- All users join the session with their video and audio disabled.
- Speakers can always enable their video and audio.
- Up to 25 users (including speakers) can enable their video and audio at the same time.
- In rare cases there can be more users actively streaming in the session. This can happen if multiple people enable their audio/video at the same time and they exceed the 25 limit.
- User videos are displayed on a grid layout. Up to 9 videos can be displayed on a single page (with the rest of the videos displayed on a separate page when more than 9 people participate in a session)
Moderation within Vonage Roundtables
All session speakers automatically get access to the moderation functionality. Moderators can:
- Mute Microphones
- Remove attendees from the meeting
- End the session on demand
The controls will be available when hovering over an attendee's video tile and on the tool bar.
Moderators will also see the count of all session attendees (including speakers) and the number of active attendees (the ones publishing video or audio)
Screensharing in a Vonage Roundtable
Only one attendee can share their screen at a time. The layout of the page changes automatically, and up to 8 video tiles can be displayed on the side of the screen share.
Vonage Roundtable - Mobile Browser
All of the Vonage Roundtable functionalities will be supported on Mobile Browsers. Vonage roundtables are not currently available on any Mobile Apps. Enhanced Chat, Q&A Polling access are going to be introduced on Mobile Browsers at a later date.
FAQ - Vonage Roundtable
Is Interprefy supported on Vonage Roundtables?
Interprefy is supported on all sessions in Grip - Live or Pre-recorded. Your project manager can help you set up Interprefy on any Vonage Roundtable Sessions that need to be translated in real-time. This is done during the setup of your Roundtable Session.
Attendees can join the session on Grip and select which language they would like the audio to be translated.
Will you support more than 100 participants on sessions?
- We will support higher limits of participants on Grip Webinar functionality that is planned to release in Q4 of 2021. They will support at least 500 participants view the webinar created on Vonage Meeting Rooms.