This article explains how to configure and change the Hosted Buyer setting for an event. We will cover:
- Step 1: Enable the setting for the event
- Step 2: Add Groups to the Hosted Buyer Setting
- Step 3: Change the Hosted Buyer phase throughout the event
The Hosted Buyer setting is the page within the Dashboard that controls:
- The different phases throughout the experience (Initial Phase, Closed Phase, Live Phase)
- The Groups that are taking past in the Hosted Buyer experience
- The Preference limits that each Group can make
Configure the Hosted Buyer setting
Step 1: Enable the Hosted Buyer Setting for an event
- Select General Settings > App Configuration & Special Actions in the Grip Navigation bar
- Under Event Configuration Settings, enable the toggle "Enable Hosted Buyer Setup"
- Scroll to the top of the page and press "Save"
Step 2: Add Groups to the Hosted Buyer Setting
Once the Hosted Buyer setting has been enabled for the event, the Hosted Buyer Custom Groups need to be added to in the Pre-Event Configuration section. This informs the platform of which users are Hosted Buyer users, or not:
- Under Pre-Event Configuration, select all Custom Groups that need to be added
- Press save at the top of the page
Step 3: Change the Hosted Buyer phase throughout the event
For more information about different Hosted buyer phases, please refer to the "Smart Scheduling (Hosted Buyer) Phases" article.
Configure Preference Limits per Group
To ensure that users are making thoughtful meeting selections and valuable meeting schedules are generated, we set maximum and minimum limits for the meeting preferences between Buyers and Suppliers. The Preference Limits should be configured before Initial Phase Stage 2: Preference selection and recommendations available.
How to set Preference Limits
- Add the Custom Groups to the Pre-Event Configuration section
- Select 'Configure' next to each Custom Group. Here you can configure which actions a group can take in the preferences phase.
- Toggle on/off actions per group (Can swipe Must Meet, Meet, No Thanks)
- Set minimum and maximum preference limits for Must Meet, Meet, No Thanks. For more information on general calculation rule refer to the "Rules and Calculations for setting Preference Limits" article.