To enable a session chat moderator you first need to have your sessions set up. We have an article that talks through session creation and the event program page here. A session chat moderator will be able to delete messages, ban users, answers question in Q&A, delete questions in Q&A, and create polls.
In this article we will cover:
- How to setup a session chat moderator
- What a session chat moderator can do
- Location chat vs Session chat
How to setup a session chat moderator
1. Navigate to the 'App Settings' tab on the left hand side of the dashboard and click on the 'App Configuration & Special Actions' page. Scroll down to the 'Admin Event Configuration' section shown in the image below.
2. You will see the toggle named 'Session Chats'. To enable session chats make sure the toggle is on. Then click 'Configure'.
3. Once you have clicked 'Configure' you will be prompted to add a person to 'Chat Moderators'. Please note, the chat moderator has to be setup in the dashboard to be able to be added. Click 'Save'.
Please note, the chat moderators you add will be moderators across all session within the event and cannot be selected for specific sessions.
What a session chat moderator can do
1. As stated previously, a session chat moderator will be able to delete messages, ban users, answers question in Q&A, delete questions in Q&A, and create polls. Chat view with moderation enabled.
2. Chat view with moderation disabled.
3. Q&A poll creation for session chat moderator. You can simply create a poll from the session chat and polls section shown in the image below. Simply click 'Polls' type your questions and pre-selected answers, set the duration of the poll (up to 60 mins), and click 'Post'. For this to be enabled you have to select 'Live chat', and 'Q&A and polling' within the session creation page under 'Event Program' within the dashboard. To view an article on how to enable this, click here. This is a web only functionality.
A non moderator will not get the option to create or delete a poll but will see the poll as shown in the image above.
Location chat vs Session chat
|Location Chat||Session Chat|
|Pre-Moderation (in Arena)||Available||Not available|
|Profanity Filter (Filter or block)||Not available||Available|
Can I set a session chat moderator to a specific session?
No, when you select a session chat moderator they are able to moderate all sessions within an event.
What level of access do I need to be able to select session chat moderators?
You will need to be a Super Admin to be able to select session chat moderators. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding Super Admin status or session chat moderators.
Is there a limit to the amount of people we can have as moderators?
No there is not, add moderators for the app and then select the ones you need per session.