Within the dashboard there are three Data Type categories, these are; 'Participants', 'Companies', and 'Items'. Click here to view our Data Types page article and how to populate these three Data Type categories. Once your Data Types have been created, under the 'Data' tab in the navigation bar, you will see these three categories with your Data Types under each of them. When you click into one of the Data Types under either 'Participants', 'Companies', or 'Items', you will land on their dashboard profile page.
In this article we will cover:
- Overview of a Participant profile page
- Overview of a Company profile page
- Overview of a Item profile page
Overview of a Participant profile page
1. To view a participant profile, click into the Data Type you have created under the 'Participant' category.
2. When you click into a participants profile page, you will first be in the 'Profile' tab, you can see this at the top left of this page. Firstly, you will see 'Basic profile information' when scrolling down this page. You can add a profile picture, the participants' name(s), headline, job title(s), company name(s), location, preferred language in the platform, and their badge scan id.
3. Next, you will be able to see, input, and edit the 'Summary' field which is displayed on the participants' profile in the event platform.
4. Under the summary section you will see this profiles Custom Profile Fields. You can also add, and edit the answers for the specific profiles Custom Profile Fields here. Please see out article linked here if you want to learn more about Custom Profile Fields.
5. Next, you will see the 'Relationships' section. This will display the 'Exhibitor ID' when you add a company relationship. You cannot add an item relationship or participant relationship to a participant profile.
5a. To add a company relationship, click 'Add company relationship'. You will then see the pop up shown below, where you can choose the relationship and the company this profile is associated with.
6. Finally, you will see the 'Sessions' section. Here you can see what sessions the participant is speaking at, and which sessions they are attending (added to their schedule). When complete, click 'Save changes' at the bottom right of the page.
7. After you have saved the changes, you can proceed to the next section. Click 'Settings' at the top left of the page, shown in the image below.
8. The 'Promotion' section is the first displayed on this page. Here you will see toggles for the featured label, email footers, top of lists, and add to featured section (web). We have an article on platform sponsorship opportunities here.
9. Next, you will see the 'Default meeting location' section. Here you can set the participant's default meeting location, this could be a booth assigned to an exhibiting company, a specific room at an event venue, or an online room. These locations are setup in the 'meeting Locations' page within the dashboard, click here to see our article on this topic.
10. You will now see 'Unstructured profile data'. Unstructured profile data shows how this profile is linked throughout the dashboard.
11. Lastly, you will see the ‘Advanced setting’ section. Firstly you will see ‘Is in search index’ which tells you whether or not this profile appears when searched for. Below this is ‘Profile contains enough information to be recommended?’ which tells you whether this profile has enough information to be recommended or not.
12. The last section under the participant profile page is the 'Permissions Information' section. This shows the permissions of the Data Type your participant is in. You can change Data Type permission on the 'Event Data Types' page. Click here to see our article on the Event Data Types page.
Overview of a Company profile page
1. A Companies profile page is nearly identical to a Participants profile page. On a Company profile page you can add a company logo, hero image (banner on the companies profile in the event platform) the hero image should be 1476x634px , company name, headline, location, scan id, summary, Custom Profile Fields, and relationships (in a company profile you can add 'Participant relationships', and 'Item relationships'. Click 'Save changes'.
2. Click 'Settings' at the top left of the page. Again, this page is identical to a Participant profile page settings section. Once complete, click 'Save changes'.
3. At the top left of the Profile settings page click 'Permissions Information'. Within a Company profile you will see fewer permissions than a Participant profile will see. Again, these permissions can be edited in the 'Event Data Types' page in the dashboard.
Overview of a Item profile page
1. An Item profile page is nearly identical to a Companies profile page. The main difference being you can add up to 10 item images, and you can only add a Company relationship.
2. Click 'Settings' at the top left of the page. This page is identical to a Company profile page settings section. Once complete, click 'Save changes'.
3. At the top left of the Profile settings page click 'Permissions Information'. Like participant permissions, and company permissions, item permissions can be edited in the 'Event Data Types' page in the dashboard.