In this article, we'll outline how you can use the Custom Email feature within the Grip Dashboard to personalize the welcome email that is being received by your attendees and exhibitors.
You can also watch a video about the custom emails >>> watch video <<<
What can be customized?
You can customize the following things as part of the Custom Emails:
- For the layout, the 'short' or 'long' template can be used.
- All text that is both in the email itself as well as the subject line
- When the email should be sent:
- At a later point in time
- Only for new registrants
- Who should receive the email can be segmented by:
- The type of user
- The status (active, inactive, or both)
What cannot be customized?
- The logo's to be used in the email cannot be different than the ones used on other places in the platform
- The layout of the emails beyond choosing "short" or "long"
- Auto-generated recommendations will not appear in customized emails
- You cannot include emojis "⛔️" to your emails it will cause the stats report to break
1. Go to the 'Engage’ > ‘Campaign Emails' and open the ‘Create Email’ wizard.
2. Specifying your target audience
3. Select your Template and Language
Important: If you have a multi-language event (English and German for example), you'll need to customize the welcome email in both languages.
4. Customize the fields
Important: the merge tags that can be used are How to configure custom emails for your event and
5. Settings & Review
- Specify an easily recognizable name for your email
- Customize the link to be used for the email (we automatically use the smart marketing link and we recommend NOT changing this)
- Specify an email sending time
- Continue without sending - use this option if you want to just enable the email for new registrants
- Now - use this option if you want to send the email right away
- Schedule for Later - use this option if you want to send the email at a later point in time.
- Test email recipient - we highly recommend sending a test email to yourself or anyone else that is registered for the event before activating the custom email.
- Segment - the number of people that are included in the specified segment.
6. Optional (Enable auto-sending)
Once you've either saved or sent the email you can enable 'auto-sending' for the email. This means that any new registrant that is part of the segment will automatically also receive the welcome.
7. You can also send custom emails to attendees of a session and attendees of a private session.
Extra: Email Sending Information
The custom email section on the dashboard also has enhanced insights on whether emails have been sent.
Sent At: The "Sent At" shows the time of the last bulk scheduled email. The "sent at" time currently doesn't update when auto-sending is enabled.
- Scheduled: means that the email is scheduled for the future.
- Sending: means that the email is currently in the process of being sent by our email provider Mailgun.
- Sent: means that the emails have been sent.